Join Our Team
Work alongside the best and brightest in the industry and help shape the financial futures for clients worldwide.
- Fixed Income Trading Associate
Reports to: Head of Portfolio Management Team
Firm Overview: Sage Advisory is an Austin-based asset management firm that designs investment portfolios, including traditional fixed income, cash management, tactical asset allocation strategies (ETF implementation), and sustainable investing (environmental, social, and governance), among others.
Role Summary: We’re seeking an associate to join our fixed income portfolio management team, which is responsible for the firm’s investment strategy. In this role, the associate will work with Sage’s fixed income portfolio managers on both idea generation and investment implementation. The associate will train with our fixed income portfolio management team and learn how to perform fixed income security analysis, portfolio allocation modeling, and trading across various fixed income sectors.
• Work closely with fixed income portfolio managers to learn and perform portfolio allocation modeling and rebalancing.
• Contribute to fixed income investment idea generation.
• Create and execute trades under the supervision of a senior portfolio manager.
• Collaborate with various business units within the firm, such as the client service and operations teams.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Experience in Financial Services industry preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to foster relationships cross-departmentally.
• Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
• Willingness to learn and take on challenging new assignments.
• CFA designation, CFA candidate, or willingness to become a CFA candidate.
• Strong quantitative and data analysis skills.
• Ability and willingness to learn new software tools. Knowledge of Python or VBA is a plus.
• Self-starter, with a positive "can do" attitude. Must have the ability to adapt to change quickly as well as act as a change agent when necessary.
Interested candidates should email a resume (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org.