Join Our Team
Work alongside the best and brightest in the industry and help shape the financial futures for clients worldwide.
- VP, Institutional Consultant Relations
Sage is an institutional asset management firm that specializes in managing custom fixed income mandates for liability-focused clients. The firm is employee-owned with significant capacity for growth and attracts independent and creative thinkers who desire success through a collaborative process that best serves the client. We offer a stable, fulfilling, and challenging work environment with competitive compensation and employee benefits.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for identifying and developing relationships with select institutional investment consultants, related investment service providers, and asset allocators. This position will be responsible for developing relationships with investment consultants, servicing institutional clients, investment strategy positioning, competitive analysis, and prospective client presentations. In-depth knowledge of fixed income markets and the institutional marketplace is essential for success in this role.
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience with an institutional investment management services firm proactively identifying and developing business relationships with institutional consultants and asset allocators.
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to coordinate activities with the Managing Partner and other consultant relations and client service professionals on the institutional team.
• Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form, the firm's value proposition, professional capabilities, and product/service strengths.
• In-depth knowledge of the fixed income markets, institutional investment strategies, and asset/liability management.
• Offer excellent task and time management skills to interact with multiple new business channels.
• Must be able to interact with the firm's internal risk management, product development, and compliance staff in a constructive manner.
Preferred Education and Experience
• MBA or Bachelor's Degree in marketing, economics, or finance
• CFA, CIMA, CPA or other related professional financial certifications
• Series 65 is required or must be completed within 90 days of hire date
• Experience with fixed income, pension risk management, insurance, and ESG investment strategies preferred
• Experience working in a consultative, sales-driven, multi-channel distribution environment
Preferred Software Application Experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
• Proficiency with SalesForce.com or similar CRM applications a plus
• Working knowledge of Aladdin, Morningstar, Zephyr Style Advisor, and Evestment analytics applications
Please email your resume and cover letter to mwalton at sageadvisory.com